Amazon Web Services is an Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) platform in the Cloud, which businesses can take advantage of as their needs demand. The Amazon Cloud provides the enterprise with the flexibility to choose whichever solution is required to solve specific problems, ultimately reducing costs by only paying for what you use.
While enterprises understand moving their applications among infrastructure they own and manage, the differences in Amazon’s infrastructure bring up specific business, legal, technical, and regulatory issues to get to grips with.
This step-by-step guide to moving your Enterprise .NET application to Amazon covers not only the concept, technical design, and strategy, but also enlightens readers about the business strategy and in-depth implementation details involved in moving an application to Amazon. You’ll discover how to map your requirements against the Amazon Cloud, as well as secure and enhance your application with AWS.
This book helps readers achieve their goal of migrating a .NET Enterprise Application to the AWS cloud. It guides you through the process one step at a time with a sample enterprise application migration. After comparing the existing application with the newly migrated version, it then moves on to explain how to make the hosted application better. It covers how to leverage some of the scalability and redundancy built into the Cloud, and along the way you’ll learn about all of the major AWS products like EC2, S3, and EBS.
What you will learn from this book :
- Quickly get up and running by setting up a new account
- Gain a deep understanding of all of the major AWS products including Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) and Simple Storage Service (S3)
- Get to grips with Elastic Block Store (EBS), Elastic Load Balancer (ELB), and Relational Data Store (RDS)
- Determine with confidence whether your existing Enterprise .NET applications will migrate successfully
- Discover how to map Enterprise application features to AWS features
- Create and configure various resource types using the AWS Web Console
- Take full advantage of a myriad of AWS features to enhance your existing .NET application
- Understand how to manage security in the Amazon Cloud
- Learn to back up and protect your data in AWS
- Migrate your own application through following a step-by-step case study of a sample application
This practical, step-by-step guide follows the process of moving a sample Enterprise .NET application to the Amazon Cloud.
Who this book is written for
Companies that have designed, developed, and hosted applications based on the Microsoft .NET technology stack should not miss out on this book. If you are looking to expand into using the vast array of services available on the Amazon Cloud but are unsure how to proceed, then this will help to get you on your way.
Administrators or developers managing such applications should have basic experience of the platform and the web servers that thay are intending to move to Amazon. No knowledge of AWS is required.
- Paperback: 336 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (July 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849681945
- ISBN-13: 978-1849681940
- File Size: 16.6 MiB
برچسب ها: .Net، Amazon، AWS، Cloud، IaaS،
Beginning Database Design: From Novice to Professional, 2 edition جمعه 3 شهریور 1391
Fundamentals of Robotic Mechanical Systems: Theory, Methods, and Algorithms - 3rd edition جمعه 3 شهریور 1391
Ian H. Witten, “Data Mining: Practical Machine Learning Tools and Techniques” جمعه 3 شهریور 1391
Algorithms and Computation جمعه 3 شهریور 1391
Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition 11g: A Hands-On Tutorial شنبه 28 مرداد 1391
IBM Cognos Business Intelligence 10.1 Dashboarding Cookbook شنبه 28 مرداد 1391
Windows Phone 7.5: Building Location-aware Applications شنبه 28 مرداد 1391
Mastering Prezi for Business Presentations شنبه 28 مرداد 1391
Node Cookbook شنبه 28 مرداد 1391
Oracle Database XE 11gR2 Jump Start Guide پنجشنبه 26 مرداد 1391
Business Intelligence Cookbook: A Project Lifecycle Approach Using Oracle Technology پنجشنبه 26 مرداد 1391
Joomla! Search Engine Optimization پنجشنبه 26 مرداد 1391
Drupal 7 Cookbook پنجشنبه 26 مرداد 1391
لیست آخرین پستها