Python Algorithms explains the Python approach to algorithm analysis and design. Written by Magnus Lie Hetland, author ofBeginning Python, this book is sharply focused on classical algorithms, but it also gives a solid understanding of fundamental algorithmic problem-solving techniques.
- The book deals with some of the most important and challenging areas of programming and computer science, but in a highly pedagogic and readable manner.
- The book covers both algorithmic theory and programming practice, demonstrating how theory is reflected in real Python programs.
- Well-known algorithms and data structures that are built into the Python language are explained, and the user is shown how to implement and evaluate others himself.
What you’ll learn
- Transform new problems to well-known algorithmic problems with efficient solutions, or show that the problems belong to classes of problems thought not to be efficiently solvable.
- Analyze algorithms and Python programs both using mathematical tools and basic experiments and benchmarks.
- Prove correctness, optimality, or bounds on approximation error for Python programs and their underlying algorithms.
- Understand several classical algorithms and data structures in depth, and be able to implement these efficiently in Python.
- Design and implement new algorithms for new problems, using time-tested design principles and techniques.
- Speed up implementations, using a plethora of tools for high-performance computing in Python.
Who this book is for
The book is intended for Python programmers who need to learn about algorithmic problem-solving, or who need a refresher. Students of Computer Science, or similar programming-related topics, such as bioinformatics, may also find the book to be quite useful.
About the Author
Magnus Lie Hetland is an associate professor of algorithms at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology, NTNU. Even though he loves learning new programming languages&emdash;even quite obscure ones&emdash;Magnus has been a devoted Python fan and an active member of the Python community for many years, and is the author of the popular online tutorials “Instant Python” and “Instant Hacking.” His has written publications including Practical Python and Beginning Python, as well as several scientific papers. When he isn’t busy staring at a computer screen, he may be found reading (even while bicycling), acting (in a local theater group), or gaming (mostly role-playing games).
- Paperback: 336 pages
- Publisher: Apress; 1 edition (November, 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1430232374
- ISBN-13: 978-1430232377
- File Size: 5.4 MiB
برچسب ها: python، Algorithms،
Beginning Database Design: From Novice to Professional, 2 edition جمعه 3 شهریور 1391
Fundamentals of Robotic Mechanical Systems: Theory, Methods, and Algorithms - 3rd edition جمعه 3 شهریور 1391
Ian H. Witten, “Data Mining: Practical Machine Learning Tools and Techniques” جمعه 3 شهریور 1391
Algorithms and Computation جمعه 3 شهریور 1391
Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition 11g: A Hands-On Tutorial شنبه 28 مرداد 1391
IBM Cognos Business Intelligence 10.1 Dashboarding Cookbook شنبه 28 مرداد 1391
Windows Phone 7.5: Building Location-aware Applications شنبه 28 مرداد 1391
Mastering Prezi for Business Presentations شنبه 28 مرداد 1391
Node Cookbook شنبه 28 مرداد 1391
Oracle Database XE 11gR2 Jump Start Guide پنجشنبه 26 مرداد 1391
Business Intelligence Cookbook: A Project Lifecycle Approach Using Oracle Technology پنجشنبه 26 مرداد 1391
Joomla! Search Engine Optimization پنجشنبه 26 مرداد 1391
Drupal 7 Cookbook پنجشنبه 26 مرداد 1391
لیست آخرین پستها