DotNetNuke is a powerful and flexible content management system for building websites. It comes with many features for publishing content including tools to create Blogs, Banner Advertising, News Feeds, and much more. But setting up a fully featured website and customizing a complete content management system using the open source DotNetNuke package can be challenging. There are multiple pieces involved and each piece must be correct for the whole to work.
The recipes in this book will safely navigate you around the obstacles and have your own full-featured website using the DotNetNuke CMS with blogs, forums, wikis, user security, and much more up and running in no time. This book will also help you to build your own custom modules using VB.Net and restyle them with your own custom skins.
this book is an indispensible guide for installing, configuring and customizing a DotNetNuke website. It starts by explaining how to download and install DotNetNuke and then covers how to make the most of all the features such as blogs, forums, wikis, banner ads, newsletters, surveys and much more. When you’ve tried all the available modules, you will find recipes for creating your own custom modules: the tools you need, how to set up a development environment, how to use the DotNetNuke starter kit, and how to compile and deploy modules. Further, there are recipes for designing a database, creating stored procedures and debugging modules. You’ll also learn the techniques of styling your website using skins and even how to create a site with multiple languages.
Create and customize your own fully featured DotNetNuke website
Over 100 recipes for installing, configuring, and customizing your own website with the DotNetNuke CMS
- Create and customize your own DotNetNuke website with blog, forums, newsletters, wikis and many more popular website features
- Learn custom module development and rich content management with sample code and tips
- Provides samples of styling and skinning a DotNetNuke portal
- Offers advanced programming tips combining DNN with AJAX and JQuery
- Part of Packt’s Cookbook series: Each recipe is a carefully organized sequence of instructions to complete the task as efficiently as possible
What you will learn from this book
- Build a website using the DotNetNuke content management system
- Create forums, blogs, wikis, and newsletters to publish your content
- Create multiple portals to manage the pages of your site efficiently
- Set up and administer users with different security providers
- Build your own custom modules using VB.NET
- Configure the development tool for module debugging
- Customize the look and feel of you DNN website by styling it with custom skins
- Use the DNN localization tools and API to support multiple languages in one website
- Create your own reusable skin widgets
- Use AJAX and jQuery libraries with DotNetNuke
This is a cookbook: each chapter contains a selection of useful self-contained recipes. The book begins with simple recipes for installing and configuring DotNetNuke then offers recipes for using out-of-the-box modules before delving into custom module and skin development.
Who this book is written for
If you are a .NET developer with beginner to intermediate knowledge of Visual Basic or C# and want to develop a website/CMS using DotNetNuke, this book is for you.
Familiarity with DNN operation, CSS, and basic web development (ASP.NET) skills is required.
- Paperback: 432 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (September, 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849511683
- ISBN-13: 978-1849511681
- File Size: 12.2 MiB
Pass : joinebook.com
برچسب ها: Ajax، API، Cookbook، DotNetNuke، jquery، VB.NET،
Beginning Database Design: From Novice to Professional, 2 edition جمعه 3 شهریور 1391
Fundamentals of Robotic Mechanical Systems: Theory, Methods, and Algorithms - 3rd edition جمعه 3 شهریور 1391
Ian H. Witten, “Data Mining: Practical Machine Learning Tools and Techniques” جمعه 3 شهریور 1391
Algorithms and Computation جمعه 3 شهریور 1391
Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition 11g: A Hands-On Tutorial شنبه 28 مرداد 1391
IBM Cognos Business Intelligence 10.1 Dashboarding Cookbook شنبه 28 مرداد 1391
Windows Phone 7.5: Building Location-aware Applications شنبه 28 مرداد 1391
Mastering Prezi for Business Presentations شنبه 28 مرداد 1391
Node Cookbook شنبه 28 مرداد 1391
Oracle Database XE 11gR2 Jump Start Guide پنجشنبه 26 مرداد 1391
Business Intelligence Cookbook: A Project Lifecycle Approach Using Oracle Technology پنجشنبه 26 مرداد 1391
Joomla! Search Engine Optimization پنجشنبه 26 مرداد 1391
Drupal 7 Cookbook پنجشنبه 26 مرداد 1391
لیست آخرین پستها