The book will show people that they can build and manage aJoomla! 1.6 or 1.7 website without a technical background. Starting with an introduction to Joomla and how to install it, the book will detail how to add content, control users, make links and then add extra features to a Joomla! site. The book simplifies things to avoid difficult tasks that are unnecessary for beginners to understand. Written in plain English, the tutorial offers clear instructions, simple explanations, real-life examples, plenty of screenshots and humor. The book is aimed at busy people who want to understand Joomlain a fun, readable and straightforward way.
From the Back Cover
Master Joomla! hands-on, step-by-step, through easy, practical examples!
Joomla! now powers tens of millions of websites of every size and type. But many beginners find it confusing, and most Joomla! books are too complex to help. Joomla! Explained is the solution. Top Joomla! trainer Stephen Burge teaches everything beginners need to know–and nothing they don’t need to know!
Joomla! Explained requires absolutely no experience with Joomla! content management, website construction, programming, scripting, or even HTML. Stephen Burge has taught thousands of beginners–and thousands more who’ve experimented with Joomla! but haven’t mastered it yet. Nobody knows more about guiding Joomla! users up the learning curve–from confusion to results!
You’ll master Joomla! one easy step at a time, through a complete hands-on case study. Burge presents crystal-clear visuals, explanations, and analogies–all extensively tested with real Joomla! beginners.
This book covers Joomla versions 1.6 and 1.7.
The book’s quick, easy coverage includes:
- Understanding what Joomla! does and how it works
- Installing the latest version of Joomla
- Navigating your site’s visitor and administrator areas
- Mastering workflows that make site creation easy
- Adding text, images, links, and formatting
- Creating efficient, usable navigation
- Providing contact forms, ad banners, and link directories
- Using modules to enable site registration and search
- Adding voting and other smaller “plug-in” features
- Quickly changing site designs with Joomla! templates
- Finding, choosing, installing, and using extensions
- Building both business and personal sites, step by step
- Giving customized access to different types of users
- Managing site versions in multiple languages
- Efficiently administering, backing up, and updating sites
- Paperback: 448 pages
- Publisher: Addison-Wesley Professional (June 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0321703782
- ISBN-13: 978-0321703781
- File Size: 83.2 MiB
برچسب ها: step by step، Open Source، Joomla، cms،
Beginning Database Design: From Novice to Professional, 2 edition جمعه 3 شهریور 1391
Fundamentals of Robotic Mechanical Systems: Theory, Methods, and Algorithms - 3rd edition جمعه 3 شهریور 1391
Ian H. Witten, “Data Mining: Practical Machine Learning Tools and Techniques” جمعه 3 شهریور 1391
Algorithms and Computation جمعه 3 شهریور 1391
Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition 11g: A Hands-On Tutorial شنبه 28 مرداد 1391
IBM Cognos Business Intelligence 10.1 Dashboarding Cookbook شنبه 28 مرداد 1391
Windows Phone 7.5: Building Location-aware Applications شنبه 28 مرداد 1391
Mastering Prezi for Business Presentations شنبه 28 مرداد 1391
Node Cookbook شنبه 28 مرداد 1391
Oracle Database XE 11gR2 Jump Start Guide پنجشنبه 26 مرداد 1391
Business Intelligence Cookbook: A Project Lifecycle Approach Using Oracle Technology پنجشنبه 26 مرداد 1391
Joomla! Search Engine Optimization پنجشنبه 26 مرداد 1391
Drupal 7 Cookbook پنجشنبه 26 مرداد 1391
لیست آخرین پستها