The vibrant and rich Android development platform, created byGoogle and the Open Handset Alliance, continues to be a platform in its truest sense, encompassing hundreds of classes beyond the traditional Java classes and open source components that ship with the software development kit. Android’s continued growth includes support for Flash and Flash gaming apps, Wi-Fi tethering, improved performance, WebM or WebMedia integration for HTML5-based video and other multimedia APIs, Chrome OS (WebOS) integration, and more.
With Beginning Android 3, you’ll learn how to develop applications for Android 3 mobile devices using simple examples that are ready to run with your copy of the software development kit. Author, Android columnist, developer, and community advocate Mark L. Murphy will show you what you need to know to get started programming Android applications, including how to craft graphical user interfaces, use GPS, multi-touch, multi-tasking, and access web services.
What you’ll learn
- Discover Android and how to use it to build Java-based mobile applications for a wide range of phones and devices.
- Create user interfaces using both the Android widget framework and the built-in WebKit-powered Web browser components.
- Utilize the distinctive capabilities of the Android engine, including location tracking, maps, and Internet access.
- Use and create Android applications incorporating activities, services, content providers, and broadcast receivers.
- Support Android 3 and earlier devices, including dealing with multiple Android OS versions, multiple screen sizes, and other device-specific characteristics.
- Create Flash game and other apps on Android.
- Build and experience the array of new WebM video and other multimedia APIs for Android and more.
Who this book is for
This book is aimed at people new to mobile development.
Table of Contents
- The Big Picture
- How to Get Started
- Your First Android Project
- Examining Your First Project
- A Bit About Eclipse
- Enhancing Your First Project
- Rewriting Your First Project
- Using XML-Based Layouts
- Employing Basic Widgets
- Working with Containers
- The Input Method Framework
- Using Selection Widgets
- Getting Fancy with Lists
- Still More Widgets and Containers
- Embedding The WebKit Browser
- Applying Menus
- Showing Pop-up Messages
- Handling Activity Lifecycle Events
- Handling Rotation
- Dealing with Threads
- Creating Intent Filters
- Launching Activities and Sub-Activities
- Working with Resources
- Defining and Using Styles
- Handling Multiple Screen Sizes
- Introducing the Honeycomb UI
- Using the Action Bar
- Handling Platform Changes
- Accessing Files
- Using Preferences
- Managing and Accessing Local Databases
- Leveraging Java Libraries
- Communicating via the Internet
- Services: The Theory
- Basic Service Patterns
- Alerting Users via Notifications
- Requesting and Requiring Permissions
- Accessing Location-Based Services
- Mapping with MapView and MapActivity
- Handling Telephone Calls
- More Development Tools
- The Role of Alternative Environments
- Other Alternative Environments
- Dealing with Devices
- Where Do We Go from Here?
- Paperback: 612 pages
- Publisher: Apress (July 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1430232978
- ISBN-13: 978-1430232971
- File Size: 27.6 MiB
برچسب ها: Java، google، development، android،
Beginning Database Design: From Novice to Professional, 2 edition جمعه 3 شهریور 1391
Fundamentals of Robotic Mechanical Systems: Theory, Methods, and Algorithms - 3rd edition جمعه 3 شهریور 1391
Ian H. Witten, “Data Mining: Practical Machine Learning Tools and Techniques” جمعه 3 شهریور 1391
Algorithms and Computation جمعه 3 شهریور 1391
Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition 11g: A Hands-On Tutorial شنبه 28 مرداد 1391
IBM Cognos Business Intelligence 10.1 Dashboarding Cookbook شنبه 28 مرداد 1391
Windows Phone 7.5: Building Location-aware Applications شنبه 28 مرداد 1391
Mastering Prezi for Business Presentations شنبه 28 مرداد 1391
Node Cookbook شنبه 28 مرداد 1391
Oracle Database XE 11gR2 Jump Start Guide پنجشنبه 26 مرداد 1391
Business Intelligence Cookbook: A Project Lifecycle Approach Using Oracle Technology پنجشنبه 26 مرداد 1391
Joomla! Search Engine Optimization پنجشنبه 26 مرداد 1391
Drupal 7 Cookbook پنجشنبه 26 مرداد 1391
لیست آخرین پستها